Hi to all!

Fragen zu Boegen zum Bogenschiessen. Keine Fragen zum Bogenbau.
Ishi

Re: Hi to all!

Beitrag von Ishi » 15.07.2011, 19:13

Great!!!!
It seems that I have some problem with acessing chat room- I registered again for the chatroom but can not log in... :-(
www.starobrdo.com

FluFlu

Beitrag von FluFlu » 15.07.2011, 19:16

The chat software is completely separate from the forum software.
You need to therefore register completely separately from the forum here.
I presume you have done so?

Do you get an error-message when trying to enter the chat?
If so, please copy the message in the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16852
and explain the problem there.
The moderators will help you.
Liebe Grüsse
fluflu

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 15.07.2011, 19:34

Thank you very much fluflu!! I reported this problem there.
It is hard to me to navigate threw the forum with my poor German language knowledge.
www.starobrdo.com

Pyromir

Beitrag von Pyromir » 15.07.2011, 19:37

Hi Zack,

nice to read you. And a really interesting bow, i like these straight and raw back-to-the-basics bows.

Kind regards
Marc

btw: a very helpful tool to read the german - and even other foreign languages - postings, menues, parts of websites is everygain. I use it as a firefox-plugin even to communicate with co-workers in different countries, translate informations and so on.
"Ich bin Leben, das leben will, inmitten von Leben, das leben will." Albert Schweitzer

72" *WhiteWidow* 50#@29"
70" Alemannen-Esche 30#@29"

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 15.07.2011, 19:46

Thank you Pyromir. All my bows are non-backed and almost all medium and higher draw weights with natural shape, very rare heat corrected or straightened. I am trying to keep this "old fashion" look on them. This kind of nocks I borrowed from Hadzabe people, it is easy for making and I can replace them to shorten bow if I ever need to do that.
And thanks for the translator link, I used til now Google translator but it wasn't very usefull.
www.starobrdo.com

Blacksmith77K
Forenlegende
Forenlegende

Beitrag von Blacksmith77K » 15.07.2011, 20:49

Sdravo Zack,

Lepo da si nas na`caco.

Ja posnajem twoi lukovi od Paleo Planet. Ja raduem se da tebi opao moi Lukovi.
Naravno , ja ću odgovoriti na sva pitanja.

Takođe može te me kontaktirati privatno ili ovde načetu.

Moja E- Mail Adessu dobisch per PM.

Želim tebi lepo vreme ovde, kao ravnopravan.

Blacksmith77K
...du biegst nicht den Bogen, der Bogen biegt Dich!

76" Yew Warbow (ELB) 135#@32"
74" Yew Warbow (ELB) 105#@32"

...and several yew warbows...

Windmann

Beitrag von Windmann » 15.07.2011, 20:56

Oh, now it will be a bit difficult for me to understand more. ;D

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 15.07.2011, 20:59

Thank you for your words of welcome, Blacksmith!! Nice to hear that we know each other and from the other places.
Windman, there will be a lot of pictures, easy to understand them. :)
Best regards!
www.starobrdo.com

OpaFranz

Beitrag von OpaFranz » 15.07.2011, 21:07

Sdravo Zack,
i od nas toplu dobrodošlicu owde.
želimo tebi puno zabave i radosti.

Tata i Mama od Blacksmith.

Stephan

Beitrag von Stephan » 15.07.2011, 21:08

Everygain sagt:

"Sdravo Zack, du bist nett zu uns "caco. Ich posnajem Twoi Bögen Paleo Planet. Ich arbeite an haben Sie Senkfuß moi. Natürlich werde ich alle Fragen beantworten. Auch Sie können mich hier kontaktieren oder privat angesprochen. Meine E-Mail pro adesso Dobisch Uhr. Ich wünsche Ihnen gutes Wetter hier, als ebenbürtig."

Hello Ishi,
welcome to this Forum!
I hope your Google Translator is working fine translating German to ?.
I just tried the Everygain Translator at Blacksmith´s posting - the result is very funny!

Greetings

Stephan

Archive

Beitrag von Archive » 15.07.2011, 21:12

Moin

wenn mich meine Gehölzkunde nicht trübt, dann ist das der erste echte Schlehenbogen ( Prunus spinosa) der hier im Forum vorgestellt ist. Gratulation!

And a warn friendly welcome!

Gruß Mütze

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 15.07.2011, 21:18

Thank you OpaFranz, Stephan, Muetze.. :)
Stephan, yes results are more than funny when translator translate my words! :)
Muetze, finally I found way to dry wild plum without checking. I got near to my cabin a forest of premium wild plums so it will be a lot of bows soon!
www.starobrdo.com

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 16.07.2011, 13:20

We were talking last night about compression abilities of black locust. A lot of people tells that it makes crysals easily. Well....yes, but if you are not carefull while tillering. If all off the limb parts works equal there are minor chances to make compression damage in light and middle weight bows. With heavy weights we have to be more cautios. I have one sample of good behavior of bl in compression. It is custom made bow for one my friend.
Black locust longbow, 72 ntn, 60# at 28", 2/3" set after shooting-in. It has good cast, 150 metres average with 11 gpp bad fletched arrow. Deep narrow profile, 30 x 25 mm at handle,22 x 19mm midlimb, no crysals. Tips are 6 mm and 10 mm wide. This was rest of some splitted thiny-sapwood bl. Tiler should be little better but I didn't have enough wood for that, because I aimed to at least 60#. This type of black locust seems to be more tolerant to compresion damages but it is easier to bend than ordinary bl. It was not heat treated. Tapering directly from handle to tips.
Bild
Bild
Bild
www.starobrdo.com

Galighenna
Forenlegende
Forenlegende

Beitrag von Galighenna » 16.07.2011, 18:59

Oh I see, you are making very beautiful bows. Especially the first one, made of plum, is looking very well. I like bows that show the natural look of the wood they are made from. And surely, it is much more challenging to make bows out of that kind of wood, but it`s always worth trying it!

I think, BL is a very excellent wood to make bows of, but you already said, it is very unforgiving if you make mistakes. Many people say that it is absolutely not a wood to make an ELB (english longbow) out of, but the fact that you actually did it, and some other people too, makes me believe that BL has a wide range in quality when regarding the tolerance to pressure.
I believe, if you have a Stave of excellent BL it might be possible to build an ELB with war-bow qualities (>100lbs drawweight etc) if it has an excellent tiller and the bow is designed with a little bit more lenght.
Unfortunately I do not have any BL at all so I'm not able to try this.
Did you make any experience in making heavier Bows out of BL?
Übel übel sprach der Dübel,
als er elegant und entspannt
in der harten Wand verschwand

Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, möge auf den Paypal-Button klicken, oder einen der Moderatoren um die Kontodaten bitten ;)

Ishi

Beitrag von Ishi » 16.07.2011, 21:32

Yes, I have made heavier bows of black locust. The only one bow that is still in my posession is 125# pyramid black locust bow. It was tested a lot and still performs great.
One off my PP friends, Mark from Norway, made bl longbow, 73"ntn, 120# at 29", under 1" of set and without crysals. It was not heat tempered.
I am still using some of my junk staves but this month I will use some of my premium bl and will make some 100+# longbows. They can meet 8/5 rule but I think that it is not posible without flat belly.
According to reports of some expirienced bowyers bl is one of the fastest bow woods and is very stiff (comparing on the same samples with other kind of woods).
I promissed to Daniel Tralrud, Norwegian warbow bowyer, that I will soon make these "black locust warbow tests", he also got opinion that bl is superior bow wood and for warbows.
www.starobrdo.com

Antworten

Zurück zu „Bögen“